Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Values essays complete

I'll be posting the values essays as they are edited for publication. Here's one hot off the press.





Value Essay
We all have values that we hold and treasure for many generations. A quote from Norman Thomas reads “The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values”. Different people have different values therefore three values that are important to me are: Respect, Integrity and Faith.

Respect is a way of treating or thinking about something or someone. I place self respect first meaning  that you have to respect yourself before you can start respecting others.Respect is a very important value to me because it shows that I can value another as an individual, and that I honor the personal rights and dignity of the person as a fellow human being.

Another value that I treasure is Integrity. It is important to have Integrity as a value because you will feel good about yourself and you will have a fewer problems with things like self doubts and many more. Integrity means that the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. Speaking the truth at all times and at all places is a way that I show Integrity.

Faith is also a value that I hold. Faith is important to me because faith can lead me to happiness and it makes me a better person by doing things that I have never expected to do.Faith means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. To show this value I never give up cause I know there is faith that I can do it.

Values may change overtime but they will always be something that is held and treasured for generations and generations.
Dion Tuitakau

No comments: