Thursday, April 2, 2009

Year 10 Creative Writing about the Plague - Jonathan

10TFe spent some time studying the time of Plague in Europe as their introductory English topic. As part of the formative assessment, they completed some creative writing. We learned about different types of narration, and chose to use first person narration to tell our stories.

The Plague

Everywhere I walked I heard people wailing. It could be heard from miles away. As my brother and I walked around the town square we saw people lying everywhere on the cold ground. Some were ill and some were not, some were even dead. There was a very bad aroma flowing around the place. I think it was the slums covering walls or the animals that had been slaughtered. We finally arrived at the apothecary on the corner next to an old ramshackle building.

No comments: