Thursday, April 2, 2009

Year 10 Creative Writing about the Plague - Shilo

10TFe spent some time studying the time of Plague in Europe as their introductory English topic. As part of the formative assessment, they completed some creative writing. We learned about different types of narration, and chose to use first person narration to tell our stories.

THE HELPLESS DOG

I am so helpless, can’t do anything. My body is sore and my owners are aching just as bad.

I was a well loved dog but when the disease hit I was nothing to no-one.

I beg for help but no-one seems to listen, so I set off on my own journey. I hesitate a little as I sneak out the door. I hear screaming I hear torture but worse of all I see a lot of dead people.

Family laying on top of one another forming a pile slowly. Family beside them crying. They will probably cry until they run out of tears, and still you can hear them mourning…

By Shilo Kiro

1 comment: