Thursday, April 2, 2009

Year 10 Creative Writing about the Plague - Kolotita

10TFe spent some time studying the time of Plague in Europe as their introductory English topic. As part of the formative assessment, they completed some creative writing. We learned about different types of narration, and chose to use first person narration to tell our stories.

Early this morning I heard someone scream from down stairs. I got up and walked down stairs into the living room where I saw my family laying on each other dead. Crying, I looked at my mum covered with sores .It got scary. I ran out to call for help, but I saw no one in sight. So I ran to my uncle’s house yelling for help. (It wasn’t that far from home.)I ran inside and started crying. He asked me what had happened. I told him everything. He told me to get in the car. We went back to my house. He got out and told me stay in the car. I went under the blanket and started to cry even more. I got up to take a look and my house was on fire. I slowly got out of the car pouring with tears as I watched my house burn to the ground. I just couldn’t believe it. All those great times growing up with my family at home were all gone. All I had left are my memories. After that my uncle told me every thing about this disease. It was called the Plague.

No comments: