Thursday, April 2, 2009

Year 10 Creative Writing about the Plague - Monica

10TFe spent some time studying the time of Plague in Europe as their introductory English topic. As part of the formative assessment, they completed some creative writing. We learned about different types of narration, and chose to use first person narration to tell our stories.

I woke up one rainy morning and heard someone coughing badly so I shouted, “who is that coughing out there?” my mother replied, “It’s me son I have caught the plague.” Oh no I thought to myself. So I quickly got out of bed and slowly opened the door I peeked thought and saw mother in one corner of the lounge.

Suddenly I ran quickly to the bath shower and scrubbed myself before I caught the plague and then quickly got changed and covered my face thoroughly.

I slowly opened the front door and saw people dieing, people coughing, and others dragging dead bodies to the pyre to get the disease to stop spreading.

I shut the door tightly and ran to mum. I told her that everything will be ok. Quietly she said, “No. There is no way you can get rid of the disease.” I said, “Yes! There is man who knows many things about disease and knows the special ingredients to get rid of it. I shall find him.”

No comments: