Monday, October 12, 2015

Kindness recounts

The delightful RTd are focussing on the theme of kindness this term. In preparation for this we had a discussion around what kindess looks like.

Here are some of their pieces of writing about a time they were/ saw/ recieved kindness.

Latisha Puti

I saw kindness displayed when I was walking to my godfather’s house.This person helped this old lady walk across the road safely. She was having difficulties carrying her bags across the road .

Also it was interesting seeing someone help out someone other than themself. I haven't seen that much compassion in a very long time. People have been focussed on themself, knowing people need help right in front of there eyes.

People should show kindness or act kindly more often, ever me, so people see it. Then people might just carry that kindness on. Like that saying what goes around comes around. So if you do good things , most probable good things will comes back to you.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Image result for kindness quotes


Cheyanne Eagle

How I met my best friend , I was being kind at the time , I saw this girl just sitting there all alone on the first day of school . I felt kind that day and walked up to her and ask if she was alright we started talking about random things .I ask her if she had anyone to hang with she said no. I said well you do now , we hung for the rest of the  day . The next  day we never talked she was sitting in class with Mele , The girls told Mele to come cause we knew her but we never knew Coopa , I finally got up and went to her cause she looked a bit sad . I was just being kind to her cause she had no one but her brother to hang with so I just hung with her all the time . I week past and I still was being nice cause we just hung with each other , I knew People but I chose to hang with her , We just started to always hang out and stuff . We got really close  and That's how I got my Bestfriend ………I think everyone should be kind because it will make the world a better place and everyone will get alone and be nice . THE END

Image result for Quotes about kindness
What this image means to me is :That you don't have to be told or given something to be kind to other , Its all in the HEART   

BE KIND EVERYONE


Faaaoane Ulipa

One time that I showed is when a new student started our school. How I showed kind to her was talking nicely to her and doing the best I could while she was here at our school for the first time. I was kind like never before. She sat down next to me and my friends but nobody made her feel welcomed. So I walked to her and asked her what her name was and so on. We worked together for the rest of the day and helped each other with our tasks and make saw our work for the day was finished. My teachers thought that I worked better with her than I do with my friends because I actually get work done with her than my group of friends that put me off task. That was her first and last day at our school. I stopped being kind then. Her name was Queenie.

To me, being kind is talking nicely to each other and also sharing things.

Everyone should be kind to each other. Show respect and all so everyone can be safe at where they are.



Lose Manuha'apai
One time I showed kindness was when I let the teacher walk through the door because I wanted to put a smile on her face, it's also showing respect but at the same time it's showing kindness. In the future this means that I will show kindness towards other adults with them not expecting it,

This influenced me because not all students show kindness towards the adults and I'm trying to change that and be a different person.

We should all show kindness to others because you might not know if something would come your way, as in a good way. But I'm just saying that people should not expect or ask for kindness the should get it unexpectedly.

Going forward I will take what I have with me now and use it in the future or learn more about what kindness is and what it makes people become more of. If kindness wasn't around I think this world
would be full of disrespectful people.

Kindness can be a hard thing to do but, if you do show it I guaranty that you would be known as the person who shows kindness wherever you go or whatever you do. Showing kindness can lead you to a role where no one can get, like one of the prefects or even a head boy or girl.
Henry Neemia

One time I showed kindness was when I cleaned Faaao's bag last night. I thought that she should have a organized and clean start for school so she can have the right equipment and have a organised bag so she can do her work and she won’t need to worry about not having the right equipment because I checked her bag for it! Ain’t I a good brother?! I really enjoyed doing this for her and I would do it in a flash anytime, anyday if I am not eating;). Hopefully she will remember my kindness towards her so she can one day display kindness back to me. This means in the future I will show kindness not only to Faaao but to anyone else so I can receive kindness back.

This other time my friends and I were going to Mcdonald's for a feed and we decided to buy extra meals for some homeless people we saw around the street where we parked in the city. We saw a guy preferably around his 20’s on the right side so we gave one to him and there was this homeless artist on the other side, so we decided to give one to him but he said no because he already ate and he pointed out these other homeless guys which we gave it to them. I thought that was the kindest thing I have seen yet to offer your food to someone else who you don’t know even though you need it too.

Another time I saw kindness displayed was on Youtube. It was a social experiment to see what people would do if they saw a homeless man and what they would do if they saw a homeless kid. So there was this homeless man preferably in his 30’s who was begging people for money but they got mad and told him to find a job but when the kid came people starting offering lots of money and food to him but when they saw the man they just told him off. After a while one man got really angry and tipped food on him. He got up and with the money he got he bought a meal, he walked over to the kid and gave him the food. I think people should start being like this man. Although he wasn’t getting much he still offered the kid all he had. He inspired me and it hit me right in the heart. We all need to start showing kindness to one another so you can receive it back, inspire others to join and to make our old world a better, safer and cleaner environment for us to live in.

Here's are some quotes:
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”
“Be the kind of person, you want to meet”
“Sometimes you gotta be kind to others, not because they’re kind, but because you are”
“Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see”

“Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are endless”

No comments: